Baby Shower – Another First For Tree

Since we were coming to California for my double ear surgery, Stevie’s sister Alexis and our good friend Cyndi decided to throw her a baby shower.

Somewhere along the planning phase it turned co-ed. It sounded like a practical idea that would give us a chance to see all of our friends at one time.

I had never been to a baby shower before. I honestly have no idea what having your sister-in-law shoot you with a water gun while participating in a blind-folded diaper changing relay has to do with being a good parent, but I won!

Bring on the real baby.

Going co-ed turned out to be a great idea. Our friends came from all over the country. We estimate between 40 to 50 people circulated through over the course of the afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who traveled from near and far to see us. It really meant a lot to us.

I wish we had pictures of everyone, but as usual the camera fell by the wayside when the people showed up. We did manage to get a few shots though.

Below, old friends, Sarah, Cyndi, and Stevie enjoy an embrace

Stevie and her sister Alexis with their Aunty Christy. It was good to finally meet her!

Stevie with my Mom and our very good friend Corrin.

Mr. John Simko getting too friendly with my wife. He claims to have read every single Sprinter Life post since day 1, making him the self proclaimed defacto #1 fan. Creepy.

My brave friend Lorenzo, showing me how to roll…

Stevie and her longtime family friend, Emilia.

Our overlanding friends Dave and Anne from ADVODNA and Emily (without her 2nd half Chad) from Pleasure Device made the trek to see us. We all drove through El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua together last year (remember it here). This was the reunion of…

The Adventures Of Pleasure Life

I wasn’t the only one who had never been to a baby shower before. I want to thank all my bros who showed up and represented. To Drew, Mikey, Lorenzo, Ship-Shaw, Justin, Brian, Guy, and all the others… you rock. Thanks for hangin tough.

The kids were the life of the party, especially during the cake. (Amazing cake by the way Alexis).

Kids, thanks for showing me what I’m in for. I feel really great now. Really.

My sister and some homeless guy who crashed the party… Get your hand off my sister BROOOOO…

Simko sneaking into another photo. I’m not kidding, this guy will do just about ANYTHING to get on Sprinter Life.

To everyone, thank you for all the wonderful gifts! We packed them up today and they all fit… into SIX Suitcases! It’s going to be a fun trip home.

Seriously though, we loved everything. Thank you for helping us get a great start.

And a special thank you to the people who worked so hard to prepare for it. Angela (Mom), Brian Thomen, Mikey, Alexis, Phil, Layla, and others, we couldn’t have done it without you. And an extra super big thank you to Cyndi Morrell for hosting the party and us at your beautiful house.  We love you!-TREE

PS. Free Sprinter Life hat to anyone who can spot the die hard fan in this family photo….  DING DING

Comments

1. Alexis says:

It was a ton of fun, and I am so happy you guys had a good time. I cannot wait to meet the newest addition to the family! We have a long happy life ahead of us, I can’t wait for the memories to follow. It was so awesome for Phil and I to meet all of your friends and family we’ve heard so much about. Accept for Simko dude is a creeeeeppppppeeeerrrrrrrr & and the homeless guy spilling tonic water on my purse. Par-tay foul! hahaha. Love ya guys!!!!

2. Alexis says:

And this make me more of a fan than simko since I commented first. Succkkkaaaaaaa

• Ah sis, you missed the first comment “DING DING”.

According to Simko, who is the current president and supreme ruler of the Sprinter Life fan club, this disqualifies you. So sorry. 🙁

3. Teri Hogan says:

If I was still in Redondo, I would have been there!

4. Sarah Lechago says:

you look beautiful!

5. Irish Murph says:

That is too funny !!!!.

6. David Leher says:

Wish I could have made it. Lets connect before you split town for sure. Call me! much love!

• Hey Dave,
      Hope we can see you before we leave. Swing by the house anytime. We’re in town through Sunday.

7. Wish we could have been there!

8. Liz Meichtry says:

I so wish we could have been there! Looks like it was a blast.

9. Judy Shuman says:

” You’ve Only Just Begun! ” ~ ” Joy! Joy! Joy! ” ~ ♥

Tree and Stevie,
    DaNg! What a great party. Baby Trujillo was welcomed with great love and fanfare by the multitudes of friends and family who love you two (and there are MANY!) . Such a blast! Thank you to Cindi and Alexis for your amazing hospitality. Love to ALL of you, it was so great to share the fun . . .
    mom
    P.S. Simko, you can come and lurk at my house anytime, cutie.

• Thanks for all your help Mom. We love you and can’t wait to see you in a couple months in Peru.
      xoxox

11. I’m sorry I missed it! How did Dave Zimmerman get out of participating using his real baby?

12. Melissa Monroe says:

Oh my gosh!!! Can’t believe I missed it. 🙁 Stupid computer is broken. Awwwwww…

13. Cecilia Paredes says:

Que bonita pansita amiga 🙂

14. Serena Nance Curran says:

What a great looking group-going back a ways!

15. Reagan Gagnon says:

great photos….thanks for virtually including those of us that couldn’t be there. much much love

16. The Mijas and La Madre!! Muey Bonita Senoritas!!

17. Dan from Colorado says:

Hey guys, sorry we missed it. Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for keeping us posted. We love the updates.

18. Joanna Onno says:

Aww soooo wonderful to see these pictures!

19. congratulations guys, Very happy for you

20. David Howard says:

So… the water gun simulates what happens when you change your baby boy in the middle of a cool night, leaving the lights off in hopes of not FULLY waking up. Pull off the old diaper, exposing the little guy to the cold air, and PRESTO! INSTANT WATERFIGHT!! ‘cept it’s not water, and you weren’t quick enough on the draw yerself.

21. Sarah Curran Campisi says:

Aww!! Love this! Hope to see you again before you go Stevie. You look beautiful!! XO

22. Auntie Christy says:

Stevie,
    I need ten hours to write everything I feel in seeing you, meeting the somewhat seemingly shy and very handsome Tree and celebrating your new baby. Last night was so incredible to see how you and Tree work as a team, to see your friends so healthy, vital and loving, to see how close you and Alexis are and how she is grounded in her marriage to Phil who is also outstanding. Lake and I talked well into the night of how lucky we were to be there with you!

I want to give you all my contact stuff so we can Skype and hopefully text occasionally when you are away. I also told Peter we are going to Mendoza, so get ready for a visit from us once you are baby settled!

I adore you,

Auntie Christy

PS The chocolate Rocha was incredible!!!!

• Thanks SO much for diner last night. We had a great time hanging out with you and Peter. You guys are amazing. Can’t wait for you to come visit us in Mendoza.
      Love TREE

23. So beautiful. I can’t wait to see pictures of your child!

24. Hey you guys,
    How’s the recovery going Tree and when are you guys going mobile? I just got back from a much needed Sierra trip. I really want to see you guys before you split. I’m only fifteen minutes from Cyndy’s. Looks like you had a blast wish I could have been there. My plate is so full but maybe we can at least hook up for coffee and chop it up for a bit. Give me a call (310) 218-7536 Hope to hear from you soon and Tree I wont get to friendly with Stevie just a hug to take me though till I see you guys again. Oh and Tree by the way what hospital did the slice and dice? I’m gonna be needing my left ear done soon… Yikes!!

See you soon,
    Willy

• Hey Willy

The recovery is going well. I have my last doctors appointment tomorrow. I think overall it was a success.
      We’re here for a couple more days, but we’re honestly completely slammed. My brother is here now and my dad arrives tomorrow. Oh, and my Aunt is coming tonight! Stevie is booked top to bottom seeing family as well. Crazy crazy crazy! If we don’t catch you this time, we’ll see you on the flip side.
      take care bud,
      TREE

25. Wow, a ton of love and affection here in the comments, really great to see.
    I wish you both the very best in the coming months for a wonderful and healthy new family addition.

Irish Murph.

26. Grandpa Don says:

I’m glad your surgery was successful. remember to wear your ear plugs all the time except when you’re talking
    to Stevie. I live the quiet life here in the old folks home. There isn’t much to do here except gossip so I go
    out two days a week to play duplicate bridge (tournament bridge). this keeps my mind active , but my body
    isn’t getting much exercise any more. I know you’re excited about the baby , it will change your lifestyle but
    you’ll love it. I love you guys and I think about you all the time.
    Love Grandpa Don

27. Michael Lorenzo says:

To bad I didn’t get any shots at the baby shower. Can you forward me some. Want to have them in my picture diary. Thanks again for having the Lorenzo’s.

28. Now get back to surfing, you have a reputation to protect. I mean he’s a 44 year old man. Piece of cake for you
    Tree. , gnarly

• Thanks Dan. I’m on it. We’re flying back to Peru on Monday. I still have to be out of the water for a few more weeks while the ears heal, but come July 1 it’s on brotha!