Auntie Indra Visits Sprinter Life

I suppose one of the great benefits of having Soleil is that all of a sudden everyone wants to come visit Sprinter Life. Unable to wait until we delivered her to Seattle in December, my sister Indra jumped on a plane and arrived in Lima at 1 am last Friday night.

That is, incidentally, the busiest time of day at the airport!

Soleil Mariah, meet your Auntie Indra Mariah.

We love having people come visit. Yes, it’s great to see them, but it’s also great to receive the suitcase full of booty that we require any visitor to deliver upon arrival.

Stocking up on all the things you just can’t get in South America…

I found a pair of new climbing shoes tucked away in the bag as well. Thank you Colin Lantz, my good buddy from La Sportiva. I’m ready for some splitter cracks now.

I have to admit that I feel like somewhat of a freak since my climbing accident. Before I had big feet and wore a size 44 climbing shoe. But now I wear a size 46!!! That’s like NBA size. WTF! Oh well, I guess 26 screws and 2 titanium plates will stretch a foot a bit. At least I’m walkin.

In other news, I’ve started Soleil on her new training program. Right now it consists of tummy-time, three times daily for 10-15 minute intervals. During this time we work on neck strength, leg pushing, arm power, and climbing grip.

She’s making remarkable strides. Dare I say she’s a natural athlete?

Other than that, I’m just enjoying my house full of women. I must be the luckiest guy on earth. Here I am, the only man for miles, posted up in a 2 bedroom apartment, surrounded by 5 high powered amazing women!

Noni, Soleil, Stevie, Indra, and Kiki – I get to enjoy this estrogen packed female super group with all their girly conversation almost 24 hours a day, and I’m managing it on less than 3 cocktails a day. Ok… 4. Cha-ching.

Stevie took my favorite ladies to the mercado….

Sol, blissed out after a feeding

Kiki at her monthly vet check-up getting her heart rate checked and blood tested.  She’s still battling the ehrlichiosis, and her heart  condition is holding steady.

Nothing else much going on. More update later this week.

Adios – TREE

Comments

1. Ding ding. First post!

That’s an amazing picture of your s Sol!

Sooooooo glad I can be here!

My little brother is a DADDY!

2. Judy Shuman says:

Soooooooooo adorable! ~ Sweet! Sweet! ~ <3

3. Teri Hogan says:

Yay for Aunties!

4. Great pictures!! So happy for all of you! ::)

5. Carla Shelton says:

Beautiful Indra! Soleil is shining all over you. It’s evident in your beautiful smile:). Proud auntie.

6. Sweet! I would say that Miura’s are the best climbing shoe ever made. At least for my feet.. Enjoy! I miss climbing a ton. No excuse only living less than 2 hours from Smith. Has Sol really woken up now? It is great after a month or so, when they start to get what is going on. Enjoy.

7. Chris Shinpaugh says:

That’s a lot of estrogen dude! I know the feeling, good luck, and DO NOT ARGUE with the pack.

Miss you,

Chris

8. Nonituyas says:

Hey, it TAKES the estrogen of five women to balance out the testosterone of ONE Tree. 🙂

9. Heather Dougherty-Acevedo says:

Tree- You are a natural! I’m thinking back on a conversation regarding parenthood and your thoughts on such and it makes me laugh to see you now. Proof that anything is possible. I’m happy that you’ve come to your senses and that you have such a stellar little family. Enjoy your estrogen filled home and I’ll continue to plow through my testoterone filled one.

10. I am reading your adventure. I don’t know you guys but I feel a lot of joy reading your story. I was surprised that you had to import dark chocolate, ginger , basil and chia seeds. These products were probably exported from Peru to the U.S. You can find all of these and more on one of the richest country on the planet.

enjoy your road life.
    I will stay a reader.

11. Hey sprinter life-ers! I’ve had this website on my phone for about 6 months and forgot why! Being a runner, I thought “oh it must be something I noted about running!”
    In fact, I have known Angela and Debby for centuries and have heard alllllll about your lives for that long. I’m guessing Angela made me write this down!
    Great site, enjoyed the whole story and pics. Hope to meet someone of your family sprinting to Italy later in 2014! Congrats on living the dream!
    Keep on sprinting! Julie