4 Year Anniversary of Sprinter Life

Four years ago I talked Stevie into moving in with me.  We had already been living together in Venice, but I had something different in mind.  By “in”, I meant into my van, which, in a lonely way, I had already been living in for years. The plan was to enjoy a short road trip to Ushuia, then return to California, work, and make a baby.

Never did we consider the possibility that four years later we’d still be living out of the van with a little baby in South America. But here we are, celebrating 4 years of Sprinter Life! It was really the beginning of a new life for both of us, and it’s been one hell of a ride.

Yeah, I know, it’s only 4 years. It’s not like a 10 year, or 25 year anniversary. But I’m really proud of where we are and couldn’t imagine being happier than I am right now. I’ll never forget the moment I saw this painting on the wall of my friend’s sailboat.

I looked at it and I knew… this is it! What we are doing RIGHT NOW is IT!

I’m living my dream, on the road with the two loves of my life, seeing new countries and making new friends, all while kayaking, rock climbing and surfing my way around the world!

My two loves

Paddling in Arequipa, Peru

Climbing with the bros in Mendoza, Argentina

Surfing Pavones, one of the best lefts in the world!

Anyway, if you’re interested in what led up to our decision to hit the road, Stevie wrote a great post on it a couple of years ago. Check out…

Happy To Be Homeless – click here

“So, here’s to living your dream. Ain’t nothin to do but just do it”

=================================================================================

In other daily life news, I’ve gone off on a little road trip of my own. I headed back over to Santiago, Chile to pick up my brother. He is visiting us for the next month.

I really do love that drive from Mendoza to Santiago. It is straight up beautiful!

My brother arrived with a bunch of bags filled with all the stuff we couldn’t fit on our return trip last month.

About 1/3 winter gear for Sol, 1/3 food supplies (like hemp seeds), and 1/3 new climbing gear. Stoked!

We don’t plan to stay in Chile long. I have a really hard time being away from Soleil these days. 24 hours feels like an eternity.

But we’ll hang long enough to scope out a couple of the climbing areas and put in some laps.

And, of course, we’ll try and get into some trouble in the Chilean wine country.  We’re a couple days in and already making a dent on both fronts.

Then it’s back over the mountains to reunite the crew. Sure miss these ladies!

============================================================================

A few more throw backs from the last 4 years of Sprinter Life….

Comments

1. Great post. I can’t believe it’s been 4 years (and we’ve been following you along for a couple of them!) Best wishes for continued success in living the dream.

2. Ding Ding.
    You forgot one of the most memorable posts….. salt flats anyone?
    Can’t believe it’s been 4 years. So goad you are living your bliss.
    xoxo

3. Very nice!!!

4. Good going..we are on our adventure also and so loving it…live life…just be!

5. John Michael Gill says:

Happy on the roadversary! What a great adventure.

6. saludos Tree desde Perú.

7. Woot Woot, happy trails

8. Yeah, the Salt Flats photo was epic. (As was Sol’s birth in that surreal Peru hospital.)

9. Adam!!!!

10. Wow, what an amazing adventure!

11. BEAUTIFUL COUPLE ,…WITH A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG GIRL !!!! And FULL OF ADVENTURE … TIP MY HAT !!!

12. Jesse Becker says:

Looking good kids!

13. Jason Meola says:

Good for you brother. Your drinking deeply from the cup of life like it should be. Beautiful.

14. My daughter 16 year old daughter and I just returned to California after living in France for the past 3 years. Family obligations will keep us here for the next 2 years but after that, its back to the road for me ( she will be off to college, unless she decides to forgo it for a time)

Your beautiful family keeps me inspired. I always look forward to reading your posts. For me, it is like Christmas or like receiving an unexpected gift in the mail. Anytime I open my mailbox and find your post I end up with a big smile upon my face and for that I thank you.

Congratulations on living life with intention. One so many dream about but so few act upon. I love it!

Cheers to all of you!!!

Anjie

• Hi Anjie,
      Thanks for reading! We can’t wait to get to France ourselves. What a great country. So stoked you are planning to head back out on the road. Are you heading back to Europe of some other place this time? Down south is pretty nice! 🙂

• Hey there!

Yup, I plan to head back to Europe. I love it there. (Though I will get down to South America at some point in this life of mine) As it stands, I am thinking either back to Lyon or somewhere down south in the Provence region. Really, I am open, so we will see where the road takes me! I have been back to California for just over a month now and I have to say although it is a great place to visit and it is good to spend time with my family, I REALLY do not feel my place here anymore. I have got my countdown clock on and in the meantime, I will make the best of it

Well fellow travelers, thinking out into the future, if you make it to France in the time when I have returned….mi casa es su casa, and I mean that. And so you know, I am a big sucker for sweet little girls as I have raised 2 of them myself.

Cheers to a life full of many great adventures….and thank you for sharing it with all of us!!

Anjie

• Bonjour Anjie! It’s nice to hear from you. Thanks for touching down and sending good energy. YES, we definitely would like to share a bottle of wine and good stories together when we get to France. Until we meet up, take care and stay in touch. xo.

15. Renee Marie says:

Congrats you guys! Love you and living through your posts ! Hope to catch you on the road again sometime!

16. Gail Heenan says:

So happy for you three!

17. Wow…great post man, heartwarming. Your photos alone tell the whole story, and a thousand individual unique ones all at once…. so awesome.

Safe travels back over the hill (or perhaps you’re already back?)!

18. Rock on, you three! You’re all so friggin’ awesome.
    xo
    Val

19. Carol Hiller says:

Beautiful Beautiful…

20. Ariana López Salvador says:

un gran ejemplo de valentia y diversion!

21. Erin Randall Anthony says:

Even though I don’t know you I have enjoyed your posts about your adventures and especially seeing pics of that amazing baby girl. If you ever need a place to park that precious little dumpling just drop her off in SC. I will do my best to spoil her!

22. Jiro Wiseman says:

Congrats you two!

*three now!

23. Julie Williams says:

Beautiful! XOXO

24. Keep on keepin’ on. 🙂

25. Richard Hallman says:

Oohhh Sexy Man – That Chica in the back is kinda cute too… Only been weeks, but miss you guys… Mendoza soon

26. Love you sooo mucho!!! Brazil Baby!!!

27. Congrats you 3 – 4 years – that’s great!
    Travel safely and play nice!
    Cheers,